The Dyad Fungal Nail Laser
Treating toenail fungus
The NaiLaser includes several features to ensure effective toenail fungus treatment:
Here's how the DYAD NaiLaser works:
- Light from the laser is directed at the nail surface and surrounding tissues.
- Two specially chosen light wavelengths penetrate through the nail to the fungus cells underneath.
- The light disrupts the metabolism of the fungus cells which causes them to die.
- Healthy skin and tissue cells are not affected by the laser light, so there is no collateral damage.
- Since the laser uses a photo – biological process, there is no heat, pain, or side effects.
- A complete laser treatment takes about 30 minutes. There is no recovery period.
Fungal nail infections are a common foot health problem. There are over 25 million people in the United States who suffer from it. Yet many people don't realize they have infected nails – and even when they do, they often don't seek treatment.
Fungal nail infections, or onychomycosis, can persist for years. Even relatively mild cases can leave nails looking discolored and unhealthy. Severe cases can leave nails that are badly discolored, thickened, and gnarled. They can also have a bad smell.
Nail fungus is quite contagious, and can easily spread from one toenail to other toenails, the skin, or fingernails – not to mention the toes of friends and loved ones.
Nail Fungus is extremely difficult to treat because the diseased cells live under the nail surface. The nail itself acts as a barrier that prevents lotions, creams, and other treatment options from ever reaching the diseased cells.
Lasers have a unique property – The laser's light can easily penetrate the nail surface where it can attack the fungus cells.
The laser is able to kill the fungus using certain light wavelengths that are known to disrupt the metabolism of the fungal cells. Once their metabolism has been thrown off, the fungal cells die. Meanwhile, healthy skin and tissue cells are left unharmed.